Re: SONY DRU-510ULX USB 2.0 CDRW/DVDRW Compatability

I am still on Retrospect 6.0 and am trying to configure my Sony DRU-510ULX (connected to my PCMCIA USB 2.0 card) to work. It will only recognize as a CDRW. Any chance that this will be supported in the near future? The other few threads only address the 6.5 version.

Please help!!

Thanks,

MR

At this time, our engineering efforts need to focus on the latest release of Retrospect, and a frequent and consistent release schedule does not allow us to add support for new drives in previous versions of Retrospect.

The DRU-510 is not natively supported in 6.5 at this time, however, the auto-configurator underwent some major changes allowing it to support more drives then ever. Trial editions are available at:

http://www.dantz.com/en/products/personal.dtml

• 2 months later...

Ha! I figured out how to do it!

I installed the demo version of 6.5, configured it as a DVD+RW, then I copied the device settings file that is created in the Documents & Settings->...->Retrospect Folder into a temporary folder. Uninstalled 6.5, reinstalled 6.0 and copied the files back into the same directory. I used the timestamps to identify the files that I needed from the configuration and it works like a champ!

mango.gif

Archived