New installation issues 6.5

KimberTech

Hello, I am new to the forum...hoping I can get some fast answers.

Client onsite has a new install setup to tape, and insist on a manual backup initiated by a user.

One big compaint they have is that the activity monitor does not pop up so they can watch the backup in process and see what it is doing. Not enough user feedback they say.

The other is that they open the windows and they have to "scroll all around" to see the entire page, even when it is maximized. Is this a display resolution issue perhaps?

Any input or direction to documentation MOST appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

KimberTech

Hi

It sounds like they have the monitor set to 800x 600? 1024x768 is best if you can manage it. The activity monitor does pop up but it is behind the backup screen. If they are using the 800x600 resolution setting, they will have to click on the activity monitor menu item on the left of the screen to see it.

Nate

Thank you for your response. I will have them check the display setting.

Further to the activity monitor window, is there a way to have it pop up for them and take the focus? They are frustrated by the "lack of feedback" from the program and would like to see what it is doing. They have specifically asked for this to happen but I haven't found a way to do that.

Thank you again for any help!

K

Archived