Problem with full execution on duplicate

I am using Retrospect to duplicate my HD onto an external firewire - and everything has worked. This second drive is a new LaCie 160 gig drive. I have been trying to back up the main drive to another older LaCie firewire for my other computer and it executes till the last 3 files - with the following log:

+ Executing Immediate Duplicate at 9/11/2003 10:24 AM

Warning: volume Backup Drive has the Ignore ownership setting enabled.

- 9/11/2003 10:24:23 AM: Copying Macintosh HD…

Can't read file “BootCache.playlist”, error -5000 (server: no privileges), path: “Macintosh HD/private/var/db/BootCache.playlist”.

Can't read file “SystemEntropyCache”, error -5000 (server: no privileges), path: “Macintosh HD/private/var/db/SystemEntropyCache”.

Can't read file “netinfo_local.pid”, error -5000 (server: no privileges), path: “Macintosh HD/private/var/run/netinfo_local.pid”.

Trouble writing files, error -5000 (server: no privileges).

9/11/2003 10:35:57 AM: Execution incomplete.

Remaining: 3 files, 74 KB

Completed: 191 files, 173.0 MB

Performance: 20.7 MB/minute

Duration: 00:11:34 (00:03:14 idle/loading/preparing)

Quit at 9/11/2003 10:36 AM

I have checked "ignore ownership" on both firewire drives but in this second instance I can not get a full execution. Can anyone help??? confused.gif

- First, confirm that everything you're doing is local; nothing is being done over any sort of network (I ask because of the word "server" in the error)

- Next, confirm that "Ignore Permissions" is NOT set on the destination drive; the log portion you included shows that it is set, which will prevent you from getting a bootable drive.

As long as Retrospect is running as root, it should have no problem reading files in /var/run/

There are also other files in that directory with the same permissions, so a program unable to read netinfo_pid would also be unable to read files such as niconfig_local.xml or lookupd.pid

- Use the ProcessViewer application to confirm that Retro is running as the root user.

Dave

Archived