no media, device empty

I have just reinstalled Retr 5.15 after not using for a while. I go into configure,devices and it gives me "no media" & "device empty". I have tried different tapes that have old backups on and also erased tapes and the same response each time. I checked to see if Retro sees the drive and it does. I also checked Windows device manager and it is seen there also. When I reinstalled I selected to get the latest "ASPI". Somewhere I saw that I was running ASPI Version 4.60(1021).

Seagate STT8000A, Version 5.51, Seagate Travan(1.05) Driver

Windows 98

Hp Vectra PC

Thanks in Advance

Quote:

I go into configure,devices and it gives me "no media" & "device empty". I have tried different tapes that have old backups on and also erased tapes and the same response each time.

I'm confussed by the contradiction. If the tape drive is not showing any tapes "no media, device empty" how exactly are you erasing tapes?

Where/when do you see these messages? If you can erase tapes then they should be available for backup.

Amy,

Thanks for your response. I had been backing up about 6 months ago. We had problems with the tape backups back then and quit doing backups using this program. We recently uninstalled and reinstalled the program and this is where I am at. Back when the progam was working we did get some successful backups and had some erased tapes. We have been looking at other backup alternatives and decided to stay with this for now.

Archived