-1017 error (insufficient permissions)

garrison

I have followed all of the documentation i could find for the -1017 insufficient permissions error with no success. I am still getting the message for a Dell server running Retrospect 6.0.

I can set the script to run while I am on site, but when it gets to the normal daily schedule at 9PM, it generates the error and skips the backup. The scripts were generated while logged on as the user (who is an administrator) whose machine is running the backups. I have set the auto-log in feature, and I have checked the launcher service, which is set to the currently logged on user.

Any other ideas?

What is the error referring to specifically? Accessing the catalog? Accessing a source? What happens if you set a script to run a few minutes in the future? Do you see this error on all catalogs or sources? What OS's are involved?

The only difference between manually launching a script and automatically launching a script is the authentication information. When Retrospect is manually launched, it is using the credentials of the currently logged in user. When Retrospect is automatically launched, it is using the local system account or the user specified through the launcher service.

• 2 years later...

It seems that it's only the launcher service that's having the trouble, as running a script few minutes in the future has the same results.

The error is referring specifically to insufficient user permissions in accessing the file server for the currently logged in user, which doesn't make sense, since the currently logged in user has administrator privs on both the workstation running Retrospect and the file server that's being accessed.

Would it help to reinstall Retrospect perhaps?

Archived