Toshiba SD-R2102 - compatible or not?

I have read numerous threads regarding this device and its compatibility with OS 9.2.2, which I am running. I have the same problem - Retrospect is unable to 'see the device'. I have tried upgrading to all current versions of software, and have also tried:

booting with only Base Extensions plus the following - and the drive still can't be seen

-Retrospect SDAP Support extension version 1.2

-The Authoring Support Update Extensions:

A) Apple CD/DVD Driver version 1.4.7

B) SDAP Authoring Support version 1.2

C) Apple Packet Media Access version 1.0.1

Website says the device is compatible, but it has never worked. Running on an iBook 600.

Anyone solved this one?

AP

• 2 weeks later...

Make sure there are no CD's in the drive. Boot with base extensions plus:

Apple CD/DVD Driver

SDAP Authoring Support

Retrospect SDAP

Check your Operations Log to ensure the Driver Update is loading. The entry will be listed after, "Retrospect launched ..."

Download and install the Extensions Updater from:

http://www.dantz.com/support/updates

Done all the above. Now using driver update 3.4.103. Re-booted as suggested, no recognition of drive when empty. Have I exhausted all avenues, in which case I I give up on trying to use this drive with Retrospect, get a refund and try another product?

Ashan

• 3 weeks later...

Curiouser and curiouser - purely by chance (while doing a backup to Zip disk), I found that Retro can 'see' the drive, and in fact media in it - I had a software CD in the drive, and it showed up as a locked disk in the Drives window. However, clicking Device Status still shows nothing. Unfortunately, I still cannot get a blank CD to show. Burning said blank CD and mounting on the Desktop allows it to be seen, but of course it is now a locked volume! Does this help?

Rgds

Ashan

Something is preventing the drive from being seen. Even if it wasn't a supported drive, it would still show up in the Device Status window (with no driver loaded). Do you have Toast installed on this computer?

If so, set the Extensions manager to use Base Extensions. Duplicate the set and make the following changes:

Disable the the following extensions:

Apple CD/DVD Driver

SDAP Authoring Support

Enable:

Toast CD Reader

Can Retrospect see the drive now?

Archived