DLT drive stopped being recognized

My DLT 7000 (Quantum) SCSI drive worked fine with Retrospect desktop 4.3 and ADK (all the latest software updates installed). One day it stopped being recognized by the program. In "Devices" I get the message: Quantum DLT7000 no driver.

Now I need to refresh the drivers with the "Retrospect 4.3 Driver Update" and with the "ADK updater" every time I want to do a backup, in order for the program to recognize the DLT drive. At some point during this process Retrospect "sees" the drive again and then I can do backups, but the communication with the drive is not as good as in the past, and there are breaks during the process of backuping.

I have Mac OS system 9.2.2. and Apple G4 digital audio double processor 533. 1.5 Gigas Ram.

Any idea?

thanks a lot

Nurit

Quote:

Now I need to refresh the drivers with the "Retrospect 4.3 Driver Update" and with the "ADK updater" every time I want to do a backup, in order for the program to recognize the DLT drive.

I don't understand what you mean by this statement. Do you actually replace the ADK and the driver update each time?

When this happens, can the Apple System Profiler see the drive?

Try this unit on a different computer (with different SCSI preferably) to see if the problem follows the drive.

Archived