Error -45, Duplicating volumes containing locked files

I use Retrospect Server for Macintosh 5 to backup (duplicate) Mac (and Windows) clients onto a hard disk of a file server.

Problem: if the source volume on a Mac contains locked files, I get error messages like:

--------

Can't write file “fiber masked”, error -45 (file locked), path: “Dokumente & etc:analyse:Fiber #2:fiber masked".

--------

1. The files hasn't usually been changed, therefore there is no reason to try to overwrite them.

2 (more troubling). When a locked file has been changed, it won't be backed up

I have the problem since upgrade from 4.3. Similar problem (also after upgrading from 4.3 to 5.0) has been reported by Roger in the thread "Duplicating volumes containing locked files ", however with a very different system configuration.

--------------------------

My configuration:

Retrospect for Macintosh 5.0 (build 5.0.380) on a Mac OS 9.1 (NuBus Computer with a G3 card)

Source: Folders on G3 and G4 Macs with OS 8.6, 9.1 and 10.2.3, communication through Retrospect Clients (5.0.540)

Target: Hard disk of a file server on an Windows 2000 Server, communication through either mounted AppleTalk volume, or Retrospect Client (6.0) on the server.

TIA

Archived