DVD-Ram Drivew

• 2 weeks later...

I am a registered owner of Retrospect Express for the Mac OS X. I have been backing up sucessfully since you first introduced your Mac OS X software. A few days ago after upgrading to version 5.238 the following problem resulted. I could no longer perform a recycle backup. After completing the first removeable disk(DVD-Ram), the program refused to recognize the second removeable disk.

I tried a variety of techniques but the program will not continue writing data to a second removeable disk. I have tried your 5.238 software version with Mac OS X versions 10.2.0, 10.2.1 and 10.2.2 and nothing works.

Would it be possible to download the version 5.236 upgrade again? The backup worked with this version of your software. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Martin Kalman

P.S. I am using an Apple (Hitachi-GF-1000) DVD-Ram internal atapi drive as well as the latest drive file v.3.2

We are currently investigating issues with the internal Apple DVD-RAM drives in OS 10.2.2, which can prevent spanning. You may have to stop the backup and reboot before continuing the backup when spanning discs is required.

We understand the inconvenience of this proceedure and are actively working on a resolution.

Archived