Problems Seeing AutoLoader

Oops, just realized I had this posted in the OS X forum, lets try again

I'm having problems getting Retrospect to use the autoloader on my tape drive, I can get it to run backups to a single tape but that is it. The Drive is a Sony LIB-152 AIT attached to an Adaptec 29160 SCSI card, running MAC OS 9.2 and Retrospect 5.0.205

Everything seems to be on the compatability list, is there anything I am missing?

thanks

BW

In reply to:

Oops, just realized I had this posted in the OS X forum, lets try again

I've gone ahead and deleted the OS X thread.

Which Edition of Retrospect are you using? Desktop, Workgroup or Server?

While in Retrospect, go to Configure > Devices > Device Status and list Vendor, Product and Version for the Library and the Tape drive.

Try setting the SCSI ID's as follows:

Tape drive: 1

Library: 4

If this doesn't work, try:

Tape drive: 2

Library: 3

Amy

Here is what I have under devices

0:2 SONY SDX-500C 010B Sony AIT DC (5.01)

0:3 SONY LIB-152 S015 (No Driver)

The changed SCSI ID's didn't really seem to change anything, the "No Driver" under the tape library is a concern, but I do not see a mac driver for that device and I'm not sure if it needs one?

Can you think of anything else I can try? I have another computer here running Retrospect 4.3 on Mac OS 8.6 using an Adaptec 2940W SCSI card, I could try setting it up on that.

The other option may be that I just don't know how to set up a script to use the library but I do not see any options for it.

thanks

Dave.

Try temporarily removing the Retrospect Preferences folder. Launch Retrospect so a new preference set is created. Does you see drivers loaded?

Make sure there are not Retrospect Driver Updates or Advanced Library Kits in the root level of the Retrospect application folder. Both of these drives have been supported for many years, and do not require any additional drivers with 5.0.

You can check your version in Window > License Manager

If you have a 20-Pack listed with the _same_ license code as the application, you are running the Workgroup Edition.

The drive was supported with 4.3 - if the above suggestions don't work, try the library on that machine to check if drivers are loading.

Amy,

So that was a no go :-(

I tried moving the tape drive back to the 4.3 retrospect machine, I see they have the ADK updater, but I don't think they ever had the ADK itself. The drive they were using previously did not need it and I think they just upgraded to 5.0 instead of buying the ADK.

How can I get the ADK to try it on 4.3? Do I need to pay for it even after I have bought an upgrade to 5.0? When I look at devices in 4.3 it does not see either the drive or the library. I dunno if that is correct or not even without the ADK.

Thanks for your help

BW

Archived