Firewire DVD-R

Does Retrospect 5.0.236 with Driver update 3.1.105 and Apple Authoring Support 1.1.9 and MacOS 9.2.2 with all the latest updates on a PowerMac G4/350MHz (Grey case) support a Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-104 external drive via Firewire?

When I try to do a backup to this drive it complains about "troble communicating".

Am I missing something?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the reply. I'm using the sample media that came with the device. If that doesn't work with the drive, I don't know what will... (8-<)

Seriously, is this drive supported? Pioneer 140 via Firewire on MacOS9.2.2. A search of the drive compatibility table finds no mention of Firewire DVD-R of any kind. Is there some reason for that?

Rick

Amy,

Thanks for the reply, even if it is disapointing... 8-(

A user-centric question: Can you give us some idea of when to expect support for Firewire DVD-R? (soon... next year... when heck freezes over... it's political... it's just a matter of programming... etc.)

And a technical question: What feature of Firewire DVD-R makes it difficult to support? Is it the "Standards are wonderful, everybody should have one of their own!" phenomenon that has plagued writable DVD since the beginning?

Thanks!

Rick

Archived