Recovery CD issue with Server 2003

dave0823

To add to this, I downloaded the latest Emergency Recovery CD (Emergency Recovery CD - EN.iso) from Dantz with a size of 226,170 KB. This is the ISO version that was used to create the boot disk. It loads the system files upon boot and then brings up the "cmd.exe" "startnet.cmd" where it hangs on the wpeinit command.

According the the latest support documentation, version 7.7.341 does support a Server 2003 Emergency Recovery CD.

I looked at the documentation and there doesn't appear that I need to do anything more than just boot this disk.

Thanks again for any help on this.

- Dave

• 3 weeks later...

It has been awhile since I last posted and I am still awaiting a response from Dantz.

Since I last posted, I had to reinstall my operating system from scratch and then restore from my backup set. This is not acceptable! Could someone please comment from Dantz regarding the ability to boot a Windows Server 2003 system from the recovery disk. As I posted, it does not work as promised.

Thanks,

Dave

It would not be possible for someone at "dantz" to respond, since Dantz as a company hasn't existed for a VERY long time.

The DR CD uses a standard Microsoft WinPE image. If the image does not boot your computer then it would point to a problem with either how the image was burned or a hardware compatibility issue between your computer and that version of Microsoft WinPE

Thanks for your response Robin!

The recovery CD is the iso image I downloaded from Retrospect which contains the boot executables for windows. However, as I recall, the previous recovery CD had you build the iso image using your microsoft installation. Using the recovery CD image from Retrospect, you do not have the option to customize the iso image. Therefore, I'm not sure what more I need to do. Would you know if the "old" recovery CD is available that I could instead use?

Thanks,

Dave

It has been awhile since I last posted and I am still awaiting a response from Dantz.

Could someone please comment from Dantz regarding the ability to boot a Windows Server 2003 system from the recovery disk.

Dantz doesn't exist, the product is now owned by Roxio.

Apart from that, this is a user-to-user forum.

To get support, contact Retrospect support.

http://www.roxio.com/enu/support/retrospect/default.html