Backup a folder but not its subfolders?

curioffl

Sorry, this feels like a total noob question but I can't seem to make it work with the available exclude rules.

I want to backup a folder and all of its files, but none of its subfolders. Is there a combination that will do this?

Defined "Volume" Data is:

I:\data\

I want to backup:

I:\data\file1.tmp

I:\data\file100.txt

I:\data\file1000.bmp

But not:

I:\data\folder1\*

I:\data\folder2\*

The files and folders in I:\data\ are constantly changing (so I can't just include/exclude specific ones) but I always want all of the files in the folder and I never want any of the subfolders.

Thanks.

C

Okay but I'm not sure on the logic here.

If I define I:\data\ as a Volume. And then make a script that backs up that Volume, if I make an "exclude" rule to exclude sub-folders, that exclude rule has to exclude something in and of itself right? So I could only exclude I:\data\ AND its sub-folders or not (which is not what I want because I want the contents of I:\data\).

I'm not sure at all on the logic of Include because I think if I point a script at I:\data\ it will include everything anyway.

If I point a script at I:\data\ and say "include" I:\data\ but "exclude" I:\data\* and all sub-folders, retrospect backs up nothing.

If I define I:\ as the volume I'm in the same problem (I think) of needing to know what all of the sub-folders will be in order to exclude them (they change).

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious here and apologize for my ignorance.

C

Although I haven't tried it myself, I would do something like this:

Make a copy of "All files except cache files" (for instance).

Click on the "+" under Include.

Set up like attached picture 1. Notice that "Include enclosed folders" is not checked.

Add the other files and folders on the volume, click on the "+" under the rule you just added.

Set up like attached picture 2.

It should look like attached picture 3.

Hope this helps.