Totaly broken selectors - possibly solved!

ratti

Hello,

I installed Retrospect 8.2 and selectors dealing with Date/Time or completely broken.

Background:

I am a german User. The software starts with a german user interface.

OK. I wanted to run a script that backups recently changed files every hour. We recycle that backup every monday. So i set up a selector:

File

Date modified

is within

7 days

of today

(in german words)

After closing and reopening the dialog window total nonsense happens to the rule. „Today“ is replaced by â€1.1.1970“, by closing the window again the complete rule is removed and gone.

I wanted to write a bugreport and used a tool to start Retrospect in english to use the right words. To my own surprise I found the bug disappeared! The rule remains unchanged and contains no crappy date/times after multiple edits!

I immediately restarted Retrospect in german.

- The rule is there, and it is correct

- I close the window

- I reopen the rule window

- The rule is gone!

Long terms said short: Localizing breaks the rule. Warning: The rule is broken by just looking at it, so think twice if you want to use my hint, since starting retropect in german breaks your rules „forever“!

My hint:

Start Retrospect from the Terminal with that command:

/Applications/Roxio\ Retrospect\ 8/Retrospect.app/Contents/MacOS/Retrospect -AppleLanguages English

It opens up in english and the rule window works as expected.

I am still in a process of thinking and investigating if I can accept the risk of brreaking my active rules, so I have NOT tested if the date based rules actually work. However, they look good the first time.

Bye,

Jörg

Forgot to mention: There is a error message in the terminal if Retrospect is run that way:

2010-09-29 17:06:32.953 Retrospect[20769:903] Warning - unable to find template matching predicate "File.date.within.specific.modified" IN[c] "1970-01-01 01:00:00 +0100 ±7"

Well described, friend. But you should. Really.