iOS 4 & the app?

kyeoh

Mac OS X doesn't seem to allow port-specific firewall control using the System Preferences. However, nothing really changed on my Mac. It was the switch to iOS 4 I think that made the difference. It was working with iPhone OS 3.x.

(And, side note, why can't I subscribe to this topic? In fact, why can't I subscribe to any topic?)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm using iPhone4, iOS v4.1.

Server is on an iMac 20.5" (Dec2009), running Snow Leopard 10.6.4.

Server machine is at 10.0.1.6 which I have used for Server Credentials, Server field entry. The password is the one used for the Retrospect Server.

When I first entered this information, "Connecting" appeared for a long time (several minutes). I concluded that the attempt had failed, so I exited the app (though did not quit from multitasking menu), used another app briefly, and on return to Retrospect, I was connected to the server. The iPhone is on the same LAN.

This behavior seemed a bit odd. The app is working now, but the endless "connecting" message on earlier attempts gave me nothing to go on.