File matching after catalog rebuild

After having lost my operating system drive, which wasn't backed up, I re-installed the OS and retrospect (7.7 multi-server) and performed a catalog rebuild on both tape and disk backup sets. My backup scripts have the options "match source volume to catalog file" selected and "Match only files in same location" not selected.

However, when performing a new "normal" backup to the same backup set, matching doesn't seem to produce any matches. All files are backed up again. I have seen the same thing when I have attempted a similar catalog rebuild in prior versions. Anything I can do to make it match better after catalog rebuild?

I am backing up files from drives other than the OS volume. And in this case, the OS has been upgraded from Windows Server 2003 to 2008 and Retrospect upgraded from 7.6. to 7.7. It's possible that the drive letters have also changed this time. However previously where I have rebuilt a catalog due to catalog corruption, I have also seen failed matching after the catalog rebuild where it wanted to copy each file to the backup set again. Based on the description of the matching options, I would expect it to match files even in my present circumstances.

Most likely, there is a change in file metadata between the 2003 and 2008 versions of Windows.

A co-worker here has a client PC with three hard drives: XP boot, Vista boot and Data. The "Data" disk is backed up when booted in XP. Reboot in Vista causes ALL files on "Data" to be backed up again. The files haven't changed (of course), so it has to be the metadata causing this.