Scheduling changes from 0:00 to 22:00

Here's a weird issue with scheduling that happens on a regular interval:

I have most of my backup scripts scheduled to start at 0:00.

But sometimes the script that is scheduled to start this night shows up in the Retrospect client as ready to start at 22:00.

Here's an example of today: a client should be scheduled to run at may 9th at 0:00. But Retrospect shows the script will run at may 8th at 22:00.

So the obvious thing to do is change the scheduled time to 0:00 and the date to may 9th.

But this does not work!?!?!????

As soon as I set the start time at 0:00 and click 9 in the calendar, Retrospect set the start time back to may 8th, 22:00.

I can only fix it by setting the start time to 0:01 on may 9th. Then Retrospect will finally accept that the script has to start at midnight.

Anyone else seeing this behavior?

I'm running Retrospect 8.1 (626) with the latest Mac Clients and the latest RDU.

The story continues...

Even though I changed the backup job to start at 0:01 on may 9th, the log shows the job started at 5/9/2010 12:00 AM.

And the schedule for the next iteration of this jobs also mentions a 0:00 starttime instead of 0:01.

For tonight there's another job scheduled that should run at 0:00, but it shows that it is to start at 22:00.

I'm not going to change the job schedule this time.

Here's a picture of the schedule for tonights job:

Retrospect_Schedule_2200.png

[wild guess mode]

Could it be that the Retrospect client is having troubles showing the correct time for jobs that are planned for today?

Maybe something with daylights saving time?

[/wild guess mode]

Here's an update about the "Backup MiniPRO 3" job.

According to the log it started at 12:00 AM as it should be:

+ Normal backup using Backup MiniPRO at 5/10/2010 12:00 AM (Execution unit 1)

To Media Set Backup MiniPRO 3...

- 5/10/2010 12:00:00 AM: Copying MiniPRO on MiniPRO

So the starttime of 22:00 in the Retrospect client and not being able to change it back to 0:00 looks to me as a Retrospect client bug.

macpro, I have seen all sorts of scheduling oddities that I have had to either live with or work around. I have talked to EMC support and they have told me that the scheduling bugs are well known and will be fixed in the next release. They did not say when that release was coming so I guess we'll just have to wait until then to see if they did in fact address these annoying issues with the scheduling.

• 1 month later...