Jump to content

Losing clients - client not found

Recommended Posts



I'm running a Mac OS X server w/ version 8.1 of the workgroup. Have a mixed client network of Mac & PCs. Regardless of if I add them via network scan or by network name, every week or so I loose some. They are still on the network but retrospect reports -530 client not found. removing and re-adding works every time - but why do I have to keep doing this repetitively, almost weekly?


Any tips are much appreciated - thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, I considered that, but the original poster's problem statement seemed to indicate that it would work for a while and then stop working, which makes me suspect changing IP addresses or else a program bug, such as preferences being forgotten or lost when a crash/reboot occurs.


I've decided that it's not worth doing further testing until the big bugfix release arrives.



Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...