Can I set backups to only run between certain hours?

Carillon

I have one script that I would like to have it run between 6:00 p.m. and 8:00 a.m only.

My main backup can take several hours since I am backing up some computers at remote sites and our network connection isn't as fast to them. Problem I have is that the backup runs into the next day sometimes and chokes the remote users' network connection.

I'd like to schedule this backup to only run between certain hours and if it's not finished it will wait until the next scheduled time and pick up where it left off.

Is this possible? Thanks

I ran into a problem with this... I don't want to run this backup every day. When I select only Tuesday and Thursday (start time 6:00 pm - End time 9:00 am) the backup shows the next scheduled backup will be Wednesday at 12:00 am.

What I want is for the backup to start on Tuesday evening at 6:00 pm and end Wednesday morning at 9:00 am. AND THEN start Thursday evening at 6:00 pm and end Friday morning at 9:00 am.

Is this possible??

If the "single script" method isn't working, you might want to make 3 individual scripts until the next "bug fix" release isn't coming up.

Maybe post a screen shot of your script summary so we can see this?

(And you might want to have your recycle start *before* the backup? Not at exactly the same time?)

I have not had problems with entering multiple schedules for a single script. I have one that runs every 3 days, regular incremental backups, plus it starts a new member on the 1st of each month; two schedules, one script. I you want something to run Tuesday night and Thursday night, just enter each of those as schedules for the same script; the Friday recycle can be yet another schedule for the same script. Seems like it should work...

I tried something like this, only having the script run between midnight & 6am. The activity window says it's waiting for the right script time through the whole night & doesn't make an attempt to back up at all. Terrible. I now have the script running continuously, but only connect the backup drive when I finish work for the night.