How do I change the status of a source?

muttel

Hi all,

I think, I've learned a lot about Retrospect 8 over the last days (and I've also experienced some major bugs), but I really can't figure out how to solve this one.

I've created 4 media sets (Mac server / clients, Win server / clients) all backing up to a big iSCSI target on the server.

In source view I've added all my servers/clients and tagged them into 4 groups for easy selection.

Some of those sources were backed-up when I did tests and now they have a green check mark in the first row (status: backed-up).

While I was further testing the software I've deleted/recycled the media sets a few times.

So here's the thing. Although my media sets are empty, all prior backed-up sources still have the green check marks stating that they are backed-up. When I start a new backup script, those green sources won't get backed-up to the EMPTY media set!!!

Here is what's happening when I start the script:

Status: Scanning data, Matching Mac Server, Preparing to execute..., Updating Catalogue Files, Building Snapshot, done!

The log shows:

+ Normal backup using Mac Server at 2/9/2010 11:26 AM (Execution unit 1)

To Media Set Mac Server...

- 2/9/2010 11:26:10 AM: Copying data

2/9/2010 11:26:10 AM: No files need to be copied

2/9/2010 11:27:42 AM: Snapshot stored, 78.5 MB

2/9/2010 11:27:46 AM: Comparing data

2/9/2010 11:27:47 AM: Execution completed successfully

Duration: 00:01:36 (00:01:32 idle/loading/preparing)

In script options->Backup->Matching I've added 'Match source files against the Media Set' and 'Don't add duplicate files to the Media Set'.

I know that I can remove sources and re-add them to make the green mark go away (which btw. can't be the way how to do it) but I can not do that with local disks on the server. I don't know exactly what the erase button in the sources view does (and there is no online help nor manual to look that up) but I fear it's not what I'm looking for (and I'd like to keep my data).

Maybe some Retrospect pros can help me out here?