Jump to content

Can't access volume, error -530 ( backup client not found)


monoclast
 Share

Recommended Posts

Out of the blue, Retrospect has been giving me this error for every single client for the past week. It started with one client, and then progressed to each of the other clients. I have not changed the client software or operating system software of any of the client machines. Nor have I changed anything about the server.

 

Nothing I have done so far as been able to fix it. I have:

 

* Restarted the entire machine running the engine.

* Restarted each machine running a client.

* Toggled the server and clients on and off.

 

Can someone please suggest other things I might try to get Retrospect to see my clients again?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am too having the same problem of getting the error -530 for the past few weeks. The error I'm getting is:

 

Can't access volume xxx-macHD on xxx iMac, error -530 ( backup client not found)

1/1/2010 1:02:07 PM: Execution incomplete

 

I tried restarting my Airport Extreme, but unfortunately this didn't fix the problem.

 

I am running mac os x 10.6.2 on both computers. The retrospect version is 8.1 build 626 and the client is 6.3.027.

 

I can access the client computer from the finder without any problem. In retrospect, however, I can not browse the other computer from the "sources" screen.

 

Any suggestions? It seems odd (and frustrating) that I can use the finder to get to the other computer, have the client running on the other computer and be getting this error.

 

Thanks in advance.

 

reob

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I just saw this error too. It happened when backing up the client for the first time from a new script. I'm not sure if that is just a coincidence. I was able to reaccess the host by deleting the source and re-adding it. The host didn't show up in the browser, I had to add its (.local) address directly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had this problem and did everything I could think of for hours including the suggestions here. Finally I ditched the Config80.dat and Config80.bak files from the /Library/Application Support/Retrospect folder. That reset everything and adding items back in fixed it all including access to the client. I was able to add back in the catalogs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have also been having issues with clients not showing up. I open the Sources, then click add. It shows Default and Use multicast. It spins and spins, but nothing shows up. I then restarted the computer and still same problem. I then choose "Test Address..." and type in the IP of a known client, it shows the information fine. Client Version 6.3.028. I then choose "Add Source Directly..." It spins for a short time then shows a green check box to the right of the Add button. But it does not show in the add window still

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had a lot of trouble getting Retrospect to see clients in the "Add Sources" network browser until I discovered that the configuration in the "Network" panel of the preferences dialog was wrong. You might try looking there to be sure that all the interfaces listed are really interfaces on the server machine with their correct IP addresses and that each of them has an appropriate subnet address and mask. Fixing this made things work a whole lot better for me. It somehow doesn't seem to stay fixed, but fixing it isn't difficult when it gets out of sync.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...