Retrospect file Compatibility

Depends on what "OS X version" you upgrade to, and what you mean by "compatible".

Retrospect 8.x cannot read (or write) backups made by older versions of Retrospect.

Retrospect 6.x cannot write backups made by older versions but can read some older versions (after a catalog rebuild).

See the release notes for the version to which you wish to upgrade.

Russ

Thanks for the response. I am upgrading to 6.1 and I already have it installed on the OS X computer, but I have some catalogs that are 50-60 tapes and don't want to spend the money or time moving them forward.

And by compatible I mean I want to continue writing and reading to the storage sets I already have going.

Thanks Again

Edited by Guest

Thanks for the response. I am upgrading to 6.1 and I already have it installed on the OS X computer, but I have some catalogs that are 50-60 tapes and don't want to spend the money or time moving them forward.

And by compatible I mean I want to continue writing and reading to the storage sets I already have going.

In that case, you will need to keep running those tapes with Retrospect 5. You can't do what you want with Retrospect 6.

Russ