Error on install-can't install Retrospect Express

I've been trying to install Retrospect Express on my iMac, with OS-X 10.5. When I first try to install, it authenticates the user as the admin, but the installer appears for a few seconds and disappears. Nothing happens after that. Then if I try to run the installer again, it will load up but doesn't authenticate the user. It goes through the motions but ends up with an error, "Error creating file. 1008:5, -5000 Access denied error." Have tried everything to work around, but no luck. Can anyone help? Is the software worth it?

I've been trying to install Retrospect Express on my iMac, with OS-X 10.5. When I first try to install, it authenticates the user as the admin, but the installer appears for a few seconds and disappears. Nothing happens after that. Then if I try to run the installer again, it will load up but doesn't authenticate the user. It goes through the motions but ends up with an error, "Error creating file. 1008:5, -5000 Access denied error." Have tried everything to work around, but no luck. Can anyone help? Is the software worth it?

Sounds like you are trying to install from a non-Admin account.

The Vise installer engine that the older versions used can have problems with non-Admin accounts, so you need to be logged in as an actual admin account to get the installer to work.

Cheers,

Jon