new version driving me crazy...scripts won't run becasue "needs media"

denno

I created 2 different media sets for backups to disk. They are both listed in the Media Sets view with green checkmarks. When I verify them everyhting looks fine.

I created a script to use one of the media sets as a destination. Everything looks complete with the script. However when I look in Activities to see if my script ran overnight, it has a flashing media set question mark icon and the status is "Needs media."

How do I fix this? This new version is much less intuitive than the prior one.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The media set is on a Drobo. The Finder reports that capacity as 16TB because that's how it's set up even though all that space isn't in use. In the finder it shows as 1TB in use & 15237GB available.

In Retrospect, one media set on that drive that has 1 member shows capacity and free space as 15TB. Another media set that somehow now has 2 members shows 30474GB capacity and free.

Edited by Guest

I don't see why it would need a rebuild. The problem happens with a brand new script and media set. I created a different script and media set that backs up to an external hard drive that works fine. The common thread seems to be media sets that are on a Drobo. Are you aware of any issues with Retrospect and Drobo?

Also, how do I do a rebuild? It's not in the Quick Start Guide and I'm not seeing a full instruction manual anywhere.

Edited by Guest

The video trainings will help with Rebuild details:

http://kb.dantz.com/display/2n/_index1.asp?tab=opt5&r=0.1331533

I don't know about any specific bugs with Drobo but I know we have had trouble with Disk media sets reporting "disk full" when they are not. We are trying to understand those problems better so we can get them resolved.

Which number did you contact? You may have reached an individual who may not have been aware of all the 8.0 policies. All 8.0 users get free support for the first 30 days and most 8.0 editions are sold with unlimited technical support and updates.

Because of the problems users are reporting with 8.0, we are being flexible with users that need phone support.