How do you find a file on a client?

Maser

Scenario:

I was watching a client back up.

It was taking a really long time on a file named:

winxp.hdd.0.().hds

But the backup crashed before finishing this file.

So, I did a "backup wizard" Preview of this client.

But I can't figure out how I would find that .hds file to see if it's something I can just excerpt from the backup with a "rule".

Retrospect 6 worked fine with it's "Preview" option this way. I know the features for Retrospect 8 aren't all there yet, but I've yet to figure out a way to see where a file is on a "backup wizard" preview of a client.

Suggestions? Am I missing something?

Unfortunately we do not currently offer a find command inside a browser window. I pushed hard for this feature but we didn't have time.

You would need to either do a search local to that disk in the finder or do a Restore>Find Files type restore if it has been backed up to view that past backup of the file.

Yeah, I actually went to the client and figured this out. The client had Parallels installed ages ago but wasn't using it (the app wasn't even installed on the computer), so I blasted the folder rather than exempting things from backup.

But it was easier to find the file *at the client* than it was through any Retrospect 8 interface as there is no "find" option from any Browse window!