QPS 32x10x40

I know I am not alone that I have bought an unsupported CDRW. It is Que! Firewire 32x10x40. I have already sent back an uncompatible drive and I am not going to do it again. While I wait for Restrospect to catch up I need a work around to get the data off my Retrospect disks.They were backed up on an earlier compatible QPS drive which died (hence the replacement) and now my internal CD drive (B&W G3) does not recognize any of the disks. Toast recognizes the drive, but Toast doesn't get data OFF disks it just puts data ON disks, correct? I have Retrospect 4.3. Would Retrospect 5.0 make any difference? Any help would be great. Thanks.

This is exactly why development of support for new drives must be ramped up .. .. we are not always in control of our circumstances when getting new drives .... when the universe of backup devices was limited to a few very expensive tape drives, adding support for new devices at a glacial pace matched the evolution of the user base. Things are much different now. I feel the product and it's upgrades are expensive enough that faster introduction of support for new drives is to be expected, even in todays accellerated environment.

At this point, Retrospect data can only be read from Retrospect supported drives. We are working towards qualifing more drives, and understand your frustration. We have a very extensive qualification program, and drives can take months to become qualified, if ever.

Archived