Possible bug: Recycle Backup in Log Mode

Since I upgraded to Retrospect 7.6.111 (multiserver) when I do a Recycle backup of a job which is configured for Log backup mode (either Exchange or SQL Server 2005) I get inconsistent results. In previous 6.5 to 7.5 versions I have used, when I did a recycle of a backup set that was in log mode, it automatically did a full backup and then all subsequent backups worked properly in incremental. In the latest version if I do a recycle in Log mode, sometimes it will not backup the entire database and sometimes subsequent backups will continue to do full backups. I have solved my problem by duplicating my script and configuring the duplicate to Full backup mode. Now, I recycle with the Full script and then run the normal backups in Normal mode. It works, but is less convenient because I have more scripts to manage. Has anybody else encountered this behavior?

• 1 year later...

Situation persists in version 7.7 using SQL Server 2008. When doing a recycle backup with "Log" setting, it will erase the backup set and perform only the log backup, creating a backup set which cannot be restored from because it contains only a log backup an no full backup. I get around this bug by creating 2 scripts, one that is configured for a Full backup, and one that is configured for Log. Whenever I recycle, I use the Full backup script. Then I use the Log backup script for all "Normal" backups.