Incorrect Password Error 507 on Client First Access

Hi there,

I have freshly installed Leopard Server 10.5.4 on my Xserve. I have downloaded and installed the latest Retrospect client for Leopard (6.2.229). During the installation process on Leopard, it asked me for an access password, which I gave.

When I go to my Windows 2003 based Retrospect (7.0.344), I go to Add New Backup client, I find my Leopard client, and it asks me for a password when I try add it. Then it asks to confirm the password. Finally, no matter what I put in these password boxes (ie either the password I assigned on the client, or anything I type in), it errors out with:

Sorry, couldn't add backup client, error -507 (incorrect password).

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Retrospect client several times on the Leopard, making sure I haven't done any typos on the password during installation, but nothing makes a difference.

This is unusual because during most Add New Backup client processes, it asks me for the password I put in during the client install. Instead, this time, it seems to be asking me to "assign a password" instead of "verify the password you've already entered on the client".

Retrospect 7.0.344 works fine otherwise, and has been workine fine for a while. It backs up my proactive Mac clients, backs up a couple of other servers, etc. However for some reason I just can't get this new Leopard Xserve to add itself as a backup client.

Any ideas?

Thanks for the quick response. Do you think I'll be okay by Uninstalling 6.2 and then installing 6.1 without restarting?

The whole "Installer suggests you restart your server" after I install the client will be a problem if I try to resolve this right now, during work hours.