Retrospect Hangs - cannot quit

I have a Apple G5 Xserve running MacOSX Server 10.4.9

I am running Retrospect 6.1.138 with driver update 6.1.14.101

I have an ATTO scsi adapter and am backing up to a Quantum LTO2 Drive.

All testing seems to work OK. If I do Manual Backups/restores all seems fine.

When The nightly scheduled "FULL" backup runs, Retrospect just "hangs" and nothing happens. I then cannot quit Retrospect either using force quit, or quitting the process from the command line. I have to reboot the server to get it to respond.

Does anybody have any suggestions please?

did you install the atto driver as root? there were issues, when you install the driver as normal admin.

as well, you can install atto-tools which will give you information about your drive.

when retrospect hangs, i usually kill the launchcfma process (in Tiger) and normally don`t have to restart the computer, just restart retrospect and update the catalog file to be on the save side.

>did you install the atto driver as root? there >were issues, when you install the driver as normal >admin.

Yes! all installed and configured as root.

>as well, you can install atto-tools which will >give you information about your drive.

Thanks

>when retrospect hangs, i usually kill the >launchcfma process (in Tiger) and normally don`t >have to restart the computer, just restart >retrospect and update the catalog file to be on >the save side.

I cannot kill the Application process

Either "force quit" from the GUI or

kill -KILL (processID) from the command line.