Accidental hard drive duplication

Hello, and thanks for looking.

I am running Retrospect Express HD for windows

( XP) version 2.0.146

I had just purchased a Western Digital MyBook World Edition, and the Retrospect came with it. It's the 1 Terabyte MyBook. I successfully installed it on my home network. When I did my first backup, instead of backing it up to the MyBook, I accidentally Backed my Hard-Drive C: up to itself. C: = C:

My Hard drive is RAID, with about 293 GB total usuable space. Before this backup, I had about 135+ GB available. Now it's at 274+GB used, with only 19 GB avaiable. I checked the MYBook, and there's no copy of my C: drive on there. I am positive I backed it up to itself. I tried deleting restore points, ( I did just about everything from the website...twice..) and even though the backup and restore points folders are empty, my C: hard drive is full.

I also tried the XP restore drive to earlier date, and of course, that did nothing.

Does anyone out there have any Ideas? Please?

MY C: doesn't indicate any duplicate folders or files, but believe me, they are there.

MY system:

HP a520n

AMD Athlon XP 3200+

2.19ghz

2 GB RAM

Thank You!

Thank You!

Thank You!

-chaz

:confused2: Hello Again! Mayoff: Thank You for looking. I searched my C: drive twice, and it didn't locate any .rdb files. the only thing I find at all in the Retrospect Restore Points folder is:

Retrospect - 0 bytes ( folder )

Restorepoint.rbc.log - 1 KB ( text document )

RestorePoint3.rbc - 4.35 KB ( RBC file)

Upon doing a .rbc search, I found about 9 .rbc files, RestorePoints, some .log files, some .lck files. None larger than 7KB. Most 1 KB.

Any ideas how to proceed? Thank you again, for taking the time to look at my problem. I really appreciate it.

Thank You :banana:

-chaz

Check hidden folders like system volume information. They sometimes hide things.

You can turn off xp system restore to clear out all the old XP system restore data points. It is possible they are taking a large % of your disk, but this could be risky if you have no other backup.