Changing User Name and Password

fletcrg

alaskabob ,

What operating system are you running Retrospect on?

Are you the administrator of the computer you are setting up Retrospect on?

Did you upgrade from an earlier release of HD?

Also, If you can give a little more detailed info about your scenario when you get the problem it would probably help out.

Is the drive you want to back up a some sort of NAS drive that requires privileges or just an internal drive or partition that you can use normally if you aren't using retrospect?

Is it only one drive that is giving you problems, or can you not backup to any drive?

-Jeff

Edited by Guest

Its the 1TB Western Digital World Book external drive that the Retrospect Express HD software came with. When I go to setup Retrospect it asks what discs I want to back-up my info on. When I put a check in the box for the 1TB Western Digital External World Book drive it asks for a user name and password.For some reason the user name and password that I had in my pass log did not work. I am wondering how do I go about changing that user name and password?

Edited by Guest

This might be something to ask Western Digital, their may be a default password to access that drive.

Can the access the drive normally when you aren't using retrospect? Simple test is to just move some data to and from the drive and see if you get access violations or password requests.

I Reset the user name and password but it still wont let me access that drive thru Retrospect.I can access the drive through the drive letter in my computer but not with Retrospect.I'm still keep getting "the password and or user name are incorrect.Enter the user name and password to connect to the network disc."

Try to delete the Retrospect preferences. Maybe they are corrupted.

1) Exit Retro Express on the task bar

2) go to documents and settings\all users\application data\Retroexp (or Retrospect Express).

3) Rename the RetroExpress folder in application data. If you can't rename the folder, end task on any Retrospect, Retrorun or Retrexpress processes in the task manager.

4) Open Retrospect Express HD and retype your license code.

"the password and or user name are incorrect.Enter the user name and password to connect to the network disc."

If refreshing the preferences doesn't work, than you may want to make sure that you have the disk mounted properly. It might be mapped as a network drive. If in fact its not a network drive and its mapped as one, than it may be a problem.

Edited by Guest