Calling all HP StorageWorks 40x6 users!

Over in the Autoloader functions not enabled thread, I have been working on troubleshooting my new HP StorageWorks 40x6 drive.

If you have one of these drives and you are successfully using it with Retrospect on your Mac, please go over there and post the switch settings for your drive along with the SCSI card and OS version you are using.

Thank you!

(Note: I created this separate thread so that my cry for help could be seen without having to dig into the original thread.)

Any SCSI ID, except for Zero should work.

Sure about that, Robin? I think that any SCSI ID except for 7 (used by the ATTO controller) should work if there are no other SCSI devices on the chain, which seems to be the case here.

See also Chapter 3 (page 5) of the ATTO installation manual:

ATTO installation manual

Russ

Edited by Guest
fix ATTO manual link

The ATTO cards will let you use SCSI ID 7 for non-HBA devices if you use ATTO's Configuration Tool to change the SCSI ID used by the HBA from its default of 7. Never done it, myself.

FYI, our autoloader and tape drive are at SCSI 0 and 1, respectively. Always have been except for the time that they were on the same SCSI chain as a RAID 1 mirror, which Retrospect didn't like.

Russ

As part of my digging yesterday, I came across something (I can't lay my hands on it right now) that implied that the Mac OS may not like the fact that both the loader and the drive mechanism share the same SCSI ID, even though they have different LUN IDs. Since HP probably used this arrangement for other libraries, I would also like to here from someone successfully using ANY HP library on the Mac. How does your library show up in System Profile?