Connection to NAS problem

joerigerlo

Hello,

We have recently installed a NAS server for backing up client PC in our network. We have some problems with the automatic back up. We frequently get errors 102 and 1101. Probably we have a problem with the user id administrated on the server. But I cannot edit the preferences user id menu so retrospect express always runs under the logged in user. Is it normal for retrospect express that I cannot edit this menu? How could this come?

Another problem often occuring is "backup set member x is corrupt or has data from another set". After which the operator stops the execution. Does anyone have experience with this notification?

Hope someone can give me a hint...Bye.

Retrospect Express does not allow you to configure the preferences to run as a specific user. You can go to the "source" window and try to set the Login As option for the NAS. You can also go to the backup set properties and try to configure the member to automatically login.

You should have all of these options: http://kb.dantz.com/article.asp?article=9637&p=2 , expect for the preference option.

Edited by Guest