How to change catalogs directory?

We have our Retrospect Catalogs directory at SystemHD and this disk is getting full. We want to change the location of the Retrospect Catalogs directory to another HD in the server(interal). How do you do this? I was looking around but not quite sure if I have to rebuild a new catalog set, please illustrate me. thanks

The catalog for any backup set other than a File backup set can be moved to any mountable volume. You simply have to tell Retrospect where it's now located. The simplest way is probably just to navigate to the catalog in Finder and double-click on it. Alternatively, you can go to Configure> Backup Sets> Configure and highlight the desired backup set. Since the catalog will no longer be at the expected location, Retrospect will prompt you to navigate to it.

For a File backup set, you would need to move both the data file and the catalog file together to the same new folder. You'd use one of the same methods above to tell Retrospect how to find it.

You mean that if I go to the new location and double-click the backup set catalog file Retrospect will know where is the new Location?

Well, assuming that you moved (copied) the catalog files there first, yes. It's my experience, though, that you have to tell Retropect where each catalog is (click on each one); there doesn't seem to be a global way to retarget all of them.

Russ

ok, I see. So, I have a Weekly Catalog [112] that I already moved to the new location. This means that next week I will have Weekly Catalog [113] at the new directory location NOT at the old one? The new catalog file will be created at the new location? there nothing more I have to tell Retrospect? thanks guys.

• 1 month later...