Backup Pro to Retro Expr: cannot restore

jeffrseed

I was using Iomega backup Pro and have several back ups on my external drive. I no longer have the backup pro cd and thus I changed to Retro 7.5, and I am trying to do a restore onto a different computer. I have a USB External hard drive, and am running Retrospect Express 7.5. I have installed Retrospect onto the new computer. When I attempt to recreate the catalog using Tools: Repair Catalog: Recreate from Disks: All Disks: Then I click down to F: and select Ok. NOTHING shows up. I have files on the external drive. What to do? Many thanks! outoftown

If I read your post correctly you made the backup to your USB drive with the Iomega Backup Pro program. This is an entirely different backup program that has been discontinued by Iomega.

Iomega offers you the possibility to buy the Retrospect backup program as a replacement. But you will not be able to restore backups created with Iomega backup Pro with Retrospect backup.

Marc

Edited by Guest