Apple LSI SCSI card support?

I've got an Intel Xserve that we ordered with the Apple U320 LSI SCSI card (no more details than that in sys profiler or on card itself).

I didn't see any mention of that card in the KB article #5642, which seems to say the ATTO card is the only one that's supported.

Can anyone confirm/deny whether Retro will work with my stock Apple provided LSI SCSI card?

I've got an Intel Xserve that we ordered with the Apple U320 LSI SCSI card (no more details than that in sys profiler or on card itself).

Can anyone confirm/deny whether Retro will work with my stock Apple provided LSI SCSI card?

I can confirm that the Apple dual-channel SCSI card (really a rebranded LSI Logic 22320) is a piece of junk. We got one with our Build-to-order Xserve, and it never worked right with Retrospect (actually, it wasn't just a Retrospect issue - on boot, our autoloader sometimes wouldn't be found by the Apple System Profiler, etc.). All problems stopped when we replaced it with an ATTO dual-channel card.

So the Apple card just sits in a cabinet, gathering dust. Good riddance. And it's not even heavy enough to use as a paperweight.

All the Mac backup software vendors agree (and the Apple engineers, too, if you talk to them privately) that the ATTO card is the one to get.

With the Intel Xserve (PCI-e), you want the UL5D or probably the UL5D low profile. ATTO's support is very good.

The LSI card will work mostly, some of the time. That's not good enough for us.

Russ