Reinstalled Retrospect 7.5 Pro after Hard Drive Failure

backupking

I recently had a OS hard drive failure (the drive Retrospect 7.5 Professional was installed on) and just installed windows and Retrospect on a new hard drive. Luckily I had a full backup of C:\ so I have backups of most of my stuff.

My question is...

Since now I have a fresh installation of Retrospect, I'd like to reset all my Retrospect preference, scripts, etc. back to the way they were before my hard drive failed. Since I have a complete backup of the C:\ that failed (where it was installed)... I'm guessing there are some files I can restore and copy them to certain folders in my new Retrospect application folders to get it back to where it was?

In other words, which files do I need to take from the backup to overwrite (or add) files in the new Retrospect installation to make it recognize all my scripts, preferences, etc. That way I don't have to recreate all my scripts and settings.

Thank you so much for your help.

Todd

Hey Robin,

Thanks for the link. I'm not sure I fully understand what I'm supposed to do however.. I've read this technote a couple times and have a question:

It says DO NOT enter a new license code if Retrospect asks for one. Since I had to reinstall Retrospect on a new drive.. I already did do that. So with that being done.. can't I just grab any configXX.dat and configXX.bak files from the Backup Set and just use those to overwrite the ones on the new installation of Retrospect?

My point was that this document tells you which files you need and the location for the files.

So with that being done.. can't I just grab any configXX.dat and configXX.bak files from the Backup Set and just use those to overwrite the ones on the new installation of Retrospect?

Yes, this is all you need.