Simetaneously creating duplicate storage set

I'm looking for help figuring out a better way of backing up our data.

Right now, I archive completed jobs to a storage set, and then I run a second backup to a separate storage set. Which can take 6-8 hours to complete, depending on how busy we've been.

When we retrieve files, we use storage set #1, and if a tape fails, then we try to retrieve from storage set #2.

Is there a way to perform both backups simetaneously? I have a tape library that has 1 drive internally, but has room for a second drive, and I have two externals, so I could pull the drive out of one of the externals to put in the library, but I want to find out if Retrospect will allow two backups to occur at the same time.

I don't necessarily want two backup sets. I would prefer to have one storage set, and if a tape fails, then I'd have an EXACT copy of it that I could pull and replace the damaged tape entirely.

I used to work at a place that had a tape system that would take two tapes in it, and then when we ran an immediate backup in Retrospect, it would simultaneously write the data to both tapes. Ultimately that's what I'd really like to achieve.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Brian

I actually have both Mac and Windows versions of Retrospect. But this config is on a Mac running Retrospect v6.1.138.

Edit:

If it is possible to do this on a Windows machine, then I would think about switching over.

Edited by Guest