5.0.536 on OS X 10.2 => Error 541

Greetings.

I've got Retrospect Workgroup 5.0.205 running on a Mac OS X 10.1.5 server. I just installed Retrospect Client 5.0.536 on two OS X machines. It seems to work fine on the one running 10.1.5. On the 10.2 (Jaguar) machine, however, there is a problem. The machine is visible in the "Network" panel of the server, as one of a few OS X machines accessible. When I click on the Jaguar machine in that list to configure it, however, I get an error dialog with "Can't log in, error 541 (client not installed or not running)".

As far as I can tell, the client is in fact running. Process Viewer lists a running process named "pitond". When I launch the Retrospect Client app, the on/off switch is in the "on" position. The client is an otherwise perfect network citizen: it's pingable, and it backed up just fine with an earlier version of the Retrospect Client before I upgraded to 10.2.

Anybody got any good ideas? I was under the impression 5.0.536 was supposed to work with Jaguar...

Thanks,

..Ian

I'm guessing all you need to do is either turn off the Jaguar Firewall or in the Sharing folder on the Firewall tab there's a "New" button Click on it and select Restrospect from that drop down list to enable Restrospect to pass through the Firewall. Or you can add the actaul IP address of the Restrospect server.

Hope it goes well,

Mickey