Not able to select all files to duplicate

haraldbreisgauer

I got a copy of emc retrospect express 7.5 with a WD harddrive. I wanted to test if it is possible to mirror my system drive on to the external drive. When I select windows/system32/config no files will be copied. I looked around in the internet and on this homepage what the problem could be, but I found that beginning with Version 6.x and later the program should be able to copy registry files now I am really confused. When I select to backup the entire Volume to be backed up, there are several files not selected. This is really dangerous for me, because if the drive crashs there are several files uncopied. Is anybody able to tell me why some files are not selected, and if there is a possibility to select them? That would be very nice.

Thankyou very much

Harald

Hello ,

thank you for your quick and kind reply. I tried the backup option, too. When I select Backup instead of duplicate and select "all Files" and my system volume, there are several files that are not checked when I select the file preview. The list of unchecked files still contains the /windows/system32/config folder. I saw that empty folders are not backed up, but the config folder is not empty. Is there a special mechanism to save this folder? Still a little bit confused and searching for an option to backup my config folder, I would be very glad if anybody could help me a little bit further understanding this topic.

Thank you very much and kind regards

Harald

Hello

thank you very much much for the valuable information. Now there is a last question. It would be interesting to know which files are not duplicated when using the duplicate option. This would allow me to create a backup script using ntbackup to copy the uncopied files via restore into the mirrored files.

I would be very glad if i could obtain this information.

Thank you very much and kind regards

Harald