Backup Scheme using 2 HDs

DWitteried

Hi,

I have two removable HDs that I back my system up on. Right now I have a sperate backup set for each removeable drive called "Disk 1" and "Disk 2". Once every month I rotate the drives storing one off site. When I do this I have to modify each of my scripts to point to the available disk drive/backup set which is inconvenient as I have about a dozen scripts to change. I want each drive to end up with a complete set of data so I can do a system restore from each backup drive (Disk 1 or 2). I was wondering if there is a better way to do this so I don't need to reprogram each script every time I change drives?

Thanks,

David Witteried

Can't figure this out. Duplicate copies some old files along with changed and new files. I edited 2 files and saved them. I did a duplicate using wizard and it recopied several thousand files along with the 2 newly modified files.

This is what it says:

+ Executing Immediate Duplicate at 9/22/2007 11:36 PM (Execution unit 1)

To volume WDC 250GB BACKUP (H:)...

- 9/22/2007 11:36:04 PM: Copying WDC 250GB (F:)

9/23/2007 12:23:00 AM: Comparing WDC 250GB BACKUP (H:)

9/23/2007 12:23:12 AM: Execution completed successfully

Completed: 1417 files, 16.1 MB

Performance: 34.3 MB/minute (21.8 copy, 87.5 compare)

Duration: 00:47:07 (00:46:11 idle/loading/preparing)

Notice that it copied 1417 files when I only modified 2. Also, the remaining line in the activity monitor shows zero files zero side but the program still continues to copy lots of files.

I have Vista Home Premium, and version 7.5.387

Thanks, Jeff

David,

I also back up to 2 seperate hard disks. I rotate them on a daily basis and have a simular set up to yourself. If you are doing a monthly backup for ease of use i would do this manually. You have the scripts already set up with your 2 hard disks linked. Simply click run script icon ( Third from left at the top!) then you have an option to select which back up set to use!

This way you can run the back up just as you leave the office, and never had to worry if the script is correct, or alter the schedual to suit!

Hope this helps!

Trevor