Can I move some files in a Backup Set

I'm running Retrospect Professional 7.0 on a Windows 2000 Professional setup.

I was backing up to an external USB disk when it filled up and I was obliged to continue using a second external disk. I have since freed up some space on the original backup disk and would like to move what spilled over to the second disk back to the first. Is this possible? How would I do it?

• 1 month later...

I don't have an answer for you, yet, but I hope so, because the same thing has happened to me, in spades. We rotate external HDs onsite and offsite for backup, and as you'd expect, each filled up and spilled to another drive.

But, our case may not apply to you. We changed (retired) our PDC and also changed the domain name when the new PDC was commissioned. Retrospect interpreted the existing backup scripts in a protective way, I think, but in an unintended way: it began with full backups of the media under its control. So instead of a routine 2.7 GB backup, suddenly, we had a 508GB backup -- for BOTH onsite & offsite media. Naturally the spillover was huge, times 2.

I'll be trying some strategies later this weekend and post positive developments.

Archived