Launcher service not starting proactive backup

I've been searching around the help files & the forums for about an hour or so and haven't found an answer... Sorry if this has been covered already.

Whenever I exit retrospect it says "Really stop execution of Proactive Backup?" At first, I figured it would just stop it for now and the launcher service would pick it up again (I have the schedule set to run from 5pm to 8am). Retrospect did launch to run some other normal scripts I have set up, but when I came in this morning, Proactive Backup was still stopped and I had to manually start it again.

The only workaround I've been able to glean from this forum is to have a dedicated user always logged in with Retrospect running. Is there any cleaner way to accomplish this?

Details:

Windows SBS 2003 SP2

Retrospect Server 7.5.370

Retrospect Client 7.5.116

Retrospect has to be running for Proactive backup to run. It will not launch itself (except for normal backups).

You can schedule a normal backup of a small folder (meaning "subvolume") when Proactive backup should start. You should also tell Retrospect to "Stay in Retrospect" when the script is finished. Retrospect will then launch, backup the small folder and continue running Proactive.

Unfortunately, I tried something like that and it didn't work. Retrospect launched to do the normal scripts but Proactive Backup was still stopped when I checked on it the next morning.

At this point, I've settled for having a dedicated user permanently logged in. Thanks for the help though. smile.gif

Archived