retrospect cannot see my external HD drive

hi,

i am using retrospect desktop last version on a trial basis.

i would like to clone my macbook pro (bought it 2 weeks ago) on a lacie rugged drive triple interface with its firewire 800 cable.

i installed and launched retrospect (after accordingly formatting my lacie external drive). everything went fine (retrospect prepared the backup set) but it cannot see the target for my backup, my external lacie hard drive.

i tried hard for hours (spent last night on it, checking user manual, compatibilities, reformatting the external drive, & so forth), and all for nothing: when i click the retrospect "peripherals" menu, the only thing displayed is the macbook pro's internal DVD drive. retrospect does not see my target drive, i therefore cannot use it at all

maybe someone can help, thanks in advance

Quote:

when i click the retrospect "peripherals" menu, the only thing displayed is the macbook pro's internal DVD drive.

Well, _that's_ your problem; Retrospect does not have a "peripherals" menu!

> i tried hard for hours (spent last night on it, checking user manual, compatibilities,

> reformatting the external drive, & so forth), and all for nothing

Probably be a good idea to spend more time on the "checking user manual" part of this.

Start on page 22, where you decide on the Type of Backup Set.

You probably should choose "File Backup Set" for your configuration as you've described it.

If, however, you decide to select "Removable Disk Backup Set" then you should also read page 36's section on Hard Disk Drives.

Dave

Archived