RetroExpress.exe running extensively on startup

luannvodder

I have had a Maxtor OneTouch II installed for just over a year and it appears that everything is working great. I run a full backup each night, and at night (well after the backup has run), I hibernate my PC. In the morning, when I wake it back up, I've noticed that via Task Manager retroexpress.exe is running, causing my hard drive to spin for hours, and taking up 49-50% of my system resources.

Has anyone seen this before, and know how to make it stop? I double-checked the downloads area, and I do have the latest version installed.

thanks,

Luann

Have you perhaps run out of room on the backup device, causing a consolidation (very time consuming!) to free up disk space?

That being said, I don't think the consolidation is reliable these days; it's quite apparent that there are software difficulties in this area with Express.

Art

Interesting idea. It does show that there's 94.8 Gb of space free on the backup drive (and the drive it's backing up contains 180 gb of data, not sure what that equates to for the backup). I'll delete some old restore points to free up space. Can't hurt!

thanks,

Luann

Archived