How Do I Obtain Retrospect Express HD v 2.0.214

Downloaded Retrospect Express HD from Smith Micro a week ago and it doesn't work on Windows Vista. It appears that the version Smith Micro supplied me is 2.0.144 and the latest version for Vista is 2.0.214. How do I get hold of the Vista version?

EMC Technical Support in Europe take days to respond and direct me to Smith Micro - who don't respond. Had a week of total frustration so far - so any help greatly appreciated as none coming from EMC.

Smith Micro have informed me that they do not have 2.0.214 available for download!!! So to recap....The latest Vista compatible HD version is 2.0.214, if you go to the EMC Insigna and download from Smith Micro you'll get 2.0.144 which is useless under Vista. EMC Technical Support will take days to respond and then only to state that you need 2.0.214 - but no support or help on where to obtain it from. In the meantime, EMC have my money and have supplied obsolete software! Vista support was announced on Feb 12, the website states that the software is now Vista compatible - so why continue to supply non-Vista versions? Come on EMC...lets have some decent customer service

Archived