Periodic backup recycling?

I have my retrospect server set to backup multiple drives to files daily. This works great, however, eventually my backup drive gets full and I need to manually go into retrospect and perform a recycle backups. What I would like to do is, every 30 days, instead of the script performing an incremental backup, to do a recycle backup. Is this possible, and if so, how would I go about setting it up? Thanks.

There are several ways to do this.

One is to add a scheduler to your existing script to perform a recycle backup at a repeating interval of every 30 days, at a time a few minutes before your normal backup is scheduled to begin. This will result in two backups on those days (the Recycle and the daily Normal), but that may not be an issue for you.

An alternative is to write a separate script to run every 30 days, again a few minutes before your daily script would run. Use the Selector "No Files" and use a small subvolume as the source. This will have the effect of recycling the backup set, after which the daily Normal backup will perform a complete backup.

There are other options, but these are the two I'd recommend as being the easiest.

Archived