Delete multiple snapshots from disk backup set

Hi.

Using Retrospect 7.5 and a disk backup set, I'm trying to delete old snapshots from a retired computer. This computer had 6 hard drives and each drive has 8 snapshots. I can only select ONE snapshot and say "Forget". Then I have to wait a minute or two before forgetting the next snapshot. This is 48 snapshots and there must be a better/faster way, right?

You could transfer the snapshots you want to keep to a new backup set, and then delete the old set.

Forgetting them does not remove them from the backup set - only from the catalog. It sounds like you've got grooming turned on.

Quote:

You could transfer the snapshots you want to keep to a new backup set, and then delete the old set.

Thank you for the suggestions.

Unfortunately, we don't have a spare 1TB NAS server laying around ;-)

Quote:

Forgetting them does not remove them from the backup set - only from the catalog. It sounds like you've got grooming turned on.

But when I close the backup set, Retrospect asks me if I want to groom now or later. (But it doesn't seem to matter much which I choose, nothing seems to happen.)

Should I turn off grooming, remove all the snapshots, and turn on grooming again? Is that in the backup set preferences?

Archived