Retrospect Pro 7.5.370 error 1012 when backing up network drive/share

hanleymr

Prior to upgrading to 7.5.370 I was successfully able to backup a network drive/share on my Western Digital NetCenter NAS.

I now cannot and receive the following error, for all files on the NAS:

File "[FILENAME]": can't read, error -1012 (feature unsupported)

and occaisionly this is supplemented with:

File "[FILENAME]": can't read security information, error -1012 (feature unsupported)

Only one thing has changed and that's updating to 7.5.370. The NAS shares are entirely public and no permissions apply.

Any ideas anyone?

(I am feeling a bit like a Beta tester with the number of recent posts I have made).

• 2 weeks later...

This problem is not occurring with my 7.5.370 Disk-to-Disk install on a Windows Server 2003 machine. So it must be something to do with Retrospect Professional on Vista and/or the licensing?

Any ideas on why this would be?

I am able to backup my NAS with this as a temporary work around.

Has anyone figured this out yet? I get the same deal trying to backup an Infrant Readnas NV using Vista. This used to work on XP with Retrospect 7.0.

• 1 month later...

I have this problem as well. NAS backup used to work fine in xp, now thousands of errors--actually file name is duplicated but file contents are not. Same problem with backup--It was more than a month ago that AmyJ said "we are investigating". Seems like long enough. What is the company doing?

Archived