Multi-Server getting stuck on backup script

colletti

Multi Server 7.5.370

Hotfix 7.5.10.104

We have been running the same two backup scripts nightly for a few weeks. Suddenly for the last four backups (starting last week) one of the backup scripts only makes it to the second machine in the group and just hangs there. In Activity Monitor / Executing it shows "group1: Closing......" and it stays there for hours and hours. When we "stop all executions" nothing changes and we have to finally force quit retrospect to stop the execution.... What is going on????

Hi Bruce. Sorry to add more depth to this, but my problem was happening before the upgrade (sorry - I should have mentioned this in the first post). In fact I was hoping that maybe the upgrade might help fix this problem... Of course it didn't. Good luck with that problem you are having in the other thread.

no NT4 machines. We are running older Linux (RH 7-9) + three win 2000 (sp4) boxes, with most of the other servers running 2003 standard.

Just got off the phone with tech support and they believe it's a problem with the catalog file. I'm already recreating it now from our disc array. Hopefully this will fix it.

And FWIW they are aware of the problem with NT4. Before I fully explained my problem he asked "are any of the clients running NT4?".

Archived